Saturday, December 6, 2008

"While on airplanes"

Why me? It just never seems to fail. I have the worst of luck on airplanes. Some how I end up selecting seats directly in front of unruly kids.

Terrible kids, the kind that kick your seat, yell, ask ridiculous questins, call out how much more time you have on the plane and worse of all fart. Yes the nasty sulfre smelling ones of rotten eggs.

The very sound of this adolescent's voice made me cring. He could not sit still. He would lift up the window and slam it back down adruptly then back up and fart again. As he would release his toxic gas he would yell out "what's that?".

Well in this case at least he had a mother that repermanded him. Thankfully the voice of considerations was heard out but the boarder-line obese kid and his upset stomach were not listening.

My biggest question though is always should I do anything about it? Should I turn around and ask him to stop kicking my seat? Should I ask his mom? Or should I ask the flight attendant to move me or should I just complain to her? In one very rare case I have asked the kids to behave.

Well, whatever I decide to do I know that I can't loose my patience and I must keep my voice down because I would hate to embarrass the mother who seems to already be embarrassed as it is. So, come to think of it, I'll just tell the kid. He seems to be old enough to know better. Besides the only other seat open is next to a mother and her baby and I think I can smell the dirty diaper from here.

There I did it.

"Excuse me..." I said stretching my words out and pausing until I got his full attention, "would you mind not kicking my chair please?" Again I sugar-coat it with a sing song tone. He adruply says No.

(Sigh) Mission accomplished.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: